1963 Abarth 1000 GT "Bialbero" Factory Race Car
$80,000 $65,000 USD
Location: North Carolina USA
Restored to original condition by two time National Packard Grand Champion restorer Leroy Beach in 1993.
A works entry at the Targa Florio in Sicily. Sold to Scotsman Sir William Keith Murray from the floor of the 1963
Earl's Court Motor Car Show, where it was a factory display car. Murray campaigned the Abarth in England and
Scotland for several years.
Purchased by the head of the Abarth Club of Great Britain Tony Castle-Miller. Stored for over ten
years the "Bialbero" was sold to American collector Judge Parker. Parker restored the car for the 1986 Abarth reunion at Sebring where
it was shown for the first time since the 60's.
The current owner purchased the Abarth in the summer of 1986 and entered the car in the Grand Bahaman
Grand Prix in 1986. The car sat unused until 1991 when it was prepared by renowned Italian Racecar Specialist
and Historian Peter Krause for an assault on the one litre Grand Touring World Land Speed Record at Bonneville, Utah.
The Abarth was once again restored and was entered at the "Legends of Daytona" in 1993 and the Sebring
Vintage Grand Prix also in 1994.
The "Bialbero" was invited to be displayed at the first prestigious Amelia Island Concours where it
won the Amelia Award presented by Sir Stirling Moss.
The car is now in it's concours condition and has just over 5,000 miles on it.
Recent Competition History
1992: Set and still holds the World Land Speed Record for one litre Grand Touring cars at Bonneville, Utah.
Record: 121.872 MPH. And can do much better!
- factory Abarth one litre twin cam
- exactly 1000cc's
- twin 2 barrel Webers
- factory header
- diaphragm type clutch
- Tom Turner of Jacksonville Florida built engine less than 100 miles ago
- original competition fuel tank sculptured around spare tire
- ten gallon capacity, 100 octane required
- original front water rad location
- seven quart oil sump with external oil filter
- original 5 speed Collotti transaxle, out, but complete and operational
- FIAT 4 speed close ratio w/ Bonneville gears installed
- FIAT in unit with gearbox
- original all aluminum
- red, base coat , clear coat, concours
- unibody, excellent throughout
- Dampers: original Koni, rebuilt
- Front Suspension: original independent leaf spring
- Rear Suspension: original independent coil overs
- Steering: original worm and roller
- Brakes: original Girling 4 wheel disc, rebuilt in 1992
- Wheels: original Campagnolo, 5 wheels plus 4 Bonneville wheels
- Weight: 1,200 Lbs
- some factory Abarth
- lots of FIAT spares
- CONTACT SALES
- PRINTING SPECS
| Race Cars For Sale
| New Listings
| Sell Your Car |
| Parts For Sale
| Parts Wanted
| Open Forum
| Site Search
| Marque Ref
| Marque links
| Currency |