1976 Lola T-342 Formula Ford
Serial Number: 198 (Lola Plaque)
Condition: very good
Price: $9000 USD
Location: Colorado, U.S.
The car is in original/restored condition and is race ready. A very original car that was
completely gone through in summer of 1996, it is in very good mechanical and cosmetic condition
and has seen very little use since rebuild/restoration. Specific rebuild details below.
The T-342 has been described as one of the best looking formula fords ever produced. Its early 70's
Formula One type looks have garnered such comments as sleek, and sexy. The car is wonderfully
balanced and performs its duties flawlessly, and it goes as fast as it looks. Vintage eligible in
some groups or in SCCA Club Ford or Solo 1 classes.
The Lola T-342 formula Ford was produced in 1975-76, and was a
continuation of the very successful and sought after T-340 series cars produced in 1973 and 1974.
This car was originally sold new in Colorado. No racing history is known for the car prior to
1988. The car is very original and appears to have had very little usage through the years. It was in
storage from 1989 up to its purchase by the present owner in 1996.
Recent Competition History
Mid summer 1996: 1 race at local vintage event, 1 open
track test and tune event, and used in racing school. Due to business and other commitments, the
car has not been out of the garage and on the track in 1997. The motor was started and run for 10-
15 minutes every month to keep motor lubricated.
- 1600cc crossflow Cortina
- dry sumped, new Hart pump
- completely apart, balanced and rebuilt
- new bearings, pistons, rings, timing chain, high strength rod bolts
- all clearances checked with plastigauge
- new water pump, new gilmer drive pulleys and belt
- brand new Lucas distributor
- new plugs, plug wires, etc.
- rebuilt weber carb and new air cleaner
- new throttle cable
- original exhaust
- less than 10 track hours on rebuild
- newer fuel cell enclosed by aluminum panel.
- original oil tank behind seat
- new AN fittings and Aeroquip steel oil hose
- oil cooler
- new oil pressure line adapter
- new remote filter set up
- new overflow hoses
- twin rear side mounted radiators with original water tubes
- Excellent condition
- New battery
- Booster battery connector in side body panel
- Hewland MK 9, excellent condition
- all new clutch, including new pressure plate and disc, throw-out bearing and pilot bearing
- new trans adapter
- new flywheel and ring gear
- Hewland in unit with gearbox
- All original fiberglass body panels, Excellent original no hit condition
- Removable nose, cockpit cowling, and tail cover
- new windscreen
- fresh paint (MilleMiglia Red)
- new mirrors
- square tube space frame in excellent condition
- No evidence of major damage, rust or corrosion
- Original paint on chassis throughout, with some touch-ups.
- Original plating in excellent condition. Front lower A arms have a bit of plating off
- Chassis aligned to Lola factory specs and corner weighted by pro shop summer of 96
- All rod ends checked and any out of spec. replaced.
- All bearings on the car checked - replaced RR wheel bearings in the uprights
- Dampers: Original Bilstein shocks, excellent operating condition
- Front Suspension: double wishbones, anti-roll bar, outboard shock mounting
- Rear Suspension: top link, lower reversed a-arm, dual trailing arms, coil over, anti-roll bar
- Steering: proprietary rack, steering arm ball joints replaced with rod ends
- Brakes: Lockheed LD 19 all corners, new pads, operate perfectly, inboard rear, outboard front
- Wheels: 5 1/2" x 13" Centerline type aluminum wheels, Bridgestone Potenza slicks, near new
- Brake balance bar, cockpit adjustable
- on board fire system with quick release
- emergency electrical cut off
- All original Smith's gauges. Oil pressure, water temp, mechanical tach with new tach cable and tach adapter.
- Original seat fits shorter to medium sized drivers
- 5 point harness system.
The following spares are available for an additional $500
- trailer tires
- set new, unmounted Bridgestone slicks
- set new brake pads
- CONTACT SALES
- PRINTING SPECS
| Race Cars For Sale
| New Listings
| Sell Your Car |
| Parts For Sale
| Parts Wanted
| Open Forum
| Site Search
| Marque Ref
| Marque links
| Currency |