Serial Number: PIF1843BW
Gearbox Number: Available if desired
Logbook: (Wash. Registered - '67 Jaguar)
Location: Washington, USA
click for more photos
Crafted by Tempero Coach & Motor Co., Ltd. (http://www.temperocars.com), Manufacturers of Classic Reproductions, New Zealand. The Temporo D-Types built in both long-nose and short-nose configurations with and without tail-fins all legal and licensed for street use.
This example was built for Alan Holmes, importer and distributor of the cars in the early 1990's. It is configured as a 1955 short-nose, RHD, sprint version (i.e., no tail-fin as on Le Mans cars)and Washington registered as a 1967 Jaguar. It has extensive upgrades and is race prepared for vintage events while remaining street legal. Current rules for vintage events may make the car ineligible for competition (i.e., 3-point role-bar and driver/engine fire system required). If you are interested in vintage events, please check with your local organizers as to eligibility of reproduction cars.
The car's construction detail, craftsmanship and originality are exquisite. It is all aluminum alloy bodied, welded mild steel spaceframe, and aluminum alloy center monocoque section as on the original cars. Handling and performance closely matches original D-Type as currently set-up. Major departures from original design:
- Track = 4 inches wider to allow for E-Type independent rear suspension.
- Suspension = Fully adjustable coil-over instead of torsion-bar.
- Engine = 4.2 litre E-Type wet-sump (dry-sump tank is functional).
- Transmission = All synchro 4 speed with overdrive.
Another example for sale (at almost twice the price: is at: http://www.vintagemotorssarasota.com/Car_pages/Tempero/55dtype/55dtype.htm
Recent Competition History
- 1991 - San Diego Vintage Grand Prix.
- 1992 - BMW Historic Grand Prix of San Diego.
- 1992 - Palm Springs Road Races.
- 1995 - Ferrari/Pantera Club Races, Willow Springs.
- 1996 - Track time / testing, Sears Point.
- 1997 - Track time / testing, Sears Point.
- Type: Jaguar 4.2 litre
- Horsepower: 250bhp@ 5800rpm
- Induction: Three 45DCOE Webers w/ bellmouths.
- Heads: twin-cam cross-flow head
- Pistons: 9:1 compression ratio
- Clutch: McCloud triple-plate clutch
- Flywheel: lightweight flywheel
- Exhaust: D-Type headers and open exhaust
- Wet-sump (has dry-sump oil reservoir for conversion)
- Fuel Cell
- Age: 2 years
- Capacity: 8.8 gallon
- Radiator: Water cooling as per D-Type
- Oil Cooler: yes
- Ignition: All Jaguar electrical components
- Alternator: Alternator
- Battery: Racing sealed battery
- Type: Four speed all-synchro Moss gearbox with overdrive
- Type: Dana limited slip
- Ratio: 354 ring & pinion
- Spool: Jaguar V-12 differential
- Terminal velocity as geared - 130mph @ 6000rpm
- Construction: Aluminum alloy body
- Type: Welded mild steel spaceframe, Aluminum alloy center monocoque section
- Front Suspension: Fully adjustable, upper/lower A-arms, coil overs.
- Rear Suspension: Jaguar fully adjustable, independent, four shock/spring coil overs.
- Shocks: Kugel adjustable.
- Brakes: front-outboard vented, rear-inboard vented, cockpit ajust.
- Steering: Jaguar rack & pinion.
- Wheels: 15
- Tires: Hoosier Street TD
- Color/Finish: Layout as per 1955 D-Type
- Fire System: Hand operated Halon
- Restraints: 5-point Simpson
- Guages: Period style Smiths gauges
- Steering Wheel: D-Type
- Trunk mounted spare wheel and tire.
- Set of four Dunlop style 15
- Extra set of knockoffs.
- Seat cushion - lower for racing.
- Exhaust pipes with resonator tips.
- PRINTING SPECS
| Race Cars For Sale
| New Listings
| Sell Your Car |
| Parts For Sale
| Parts Wanted
| Open Forum
| Site Search
| Marque Ref
| Marque links
| Currency |