1971 Fiat 124 Coupe Excellent Over $80K invested
1971 Fiat 124 Racer
Purchased by me in the summer of 2010 the car support a full interior (done by ASM Auto upholstery – from the show Fast and Loud) Previous owner did not want just a racecar but a show car that just made a wrong turn and got on the track. It is factory correct Just move the center bar and have the kids in the back seat to go to your next car and coffee.
Under previous ownership the following work (over $80k worth) was completed:
1. Stirp car completely
2. Body and paint job ($15k worth)
3. Full Roll Cage
4. 11 to 1 compression
5. Custom built headers
6. Dual weber 40 IDF’s on a waffleback manifold
7. Abarth ignition controller with MSD rev limiter and shift light
8. 131 transmission
9. Stock brakes, as required, with stainless lines, carbon pads, new booster and a front/rear bias controller
10. ATL fuel cell mounted on diamond plate aluminum
11. Race seat and steering wheel – race seat with bracket goes with the car
12. All the suspension components were removed stripped and painted with all new bushings and joints. A-arms were stiffened.
13. Lowering springs were installed along with a solid panhard rod.
14. All hoses, weather-stripping and other expendables were replaced.
15. Complete new interior. All of the original insulation was removed and replaced with a lighter variety for weight savings.
16. As opposed to fitting the 131 remote mechanism this piece offers Steve the added bonus of conserving his mint lower console. No cutting up required. Function is very good with short, direct and precise gear insertion. Really nice work Steve!
Under my ownership the Fiat was raced under CVAR & SVRA with some success with many podiums and winning at;
1. Texas World Speedway – College Station Texas – R.I.P
2. Hallett – Oklahoma
3. Eagle Canyon – Decatur Texas
4. Circuit of the Americas – Texas
5. Indianapolis - Indiana
The Following work was done under my ownership;
Work was performed by Shade Tree Enginetrics, LLC 1101 W Cook, Nevada, TX. the details below-8134, using the button below - details above - Completed June 2020
1. Fiat 124 Sport Coupe motor complete rebuild (April 2020) – over $13,000 paid.
2. Custom Stainless Steel Heathers - (April 2020)
3. Bare 2000 block
4. Shot peen block and hot tank Line bore Replacement Aux.
5. Shaft bearings std.
6. Modified Aux.
7. Shaft (no fuel pump lobe) Surface grind top of block Piston Rods Pauter brand.
8. 4340 steel Big end 2.1220”, Pin end .8665” Rod bolt torque 50 ftlbs.
9. Block bore 3.336” Venolia 10 / 1 pistons
10. Total Seal piston rings Spesso head gasket
11. Torque to yield head bolts
12. Valves 1mm over std. S.I. 2000 crankshaft std.
13. Straightened, polished and balanced Tri metal main bearing .0025” clearance.
14. Volumex rod bearings .002” clearance.
15. Crank shaft balanced with flywheel Steel ultra light flywheel (not cast) 71/4” high ratio pressure plate Std Fiat oil pump - polydine coated Silicone bronze valve guides with Viton seals
16. GC triple valve springs Ignition timing set to 36* BTDC maximun ADV
17. Cams - 3D Spec Valve
18. lash 16 Intake & 18 exhaust and roughly 305* duration
19. Currie Rear end 4.55 ratio
20. Alfa Romeo Milano front brake calipers Brake pads Carbo Tech XP10 Compound
21. Competition Clutch - GIKEN
• 2000cc motor is a strong, high revving unit and produces very good power .
• Chassis is strong and well balanced .
• Performance parts are still available.
• Pound for pound, the 124 Coupe is as strong a competitor as any other car in B-Sedan. It has adapted well to GT and Production classes as well.
• Very few good examples remain on the road today. Fewer still on the track. This particular one can be enjoyed on both!!!
Keyword Search Terms:B Sedan GT race car fiat 124
Joined April 2022
Seller's other listings
|Country:||United States of America|
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Share by Email