MacG Racing Taranis GT Racing Car
MacG Racing have for sale their famous Taranis GT Endurance race car with a comprehensive spares package.
The Taranis was designed and built in 2015 with the goal of being a no compromises, endurance GT racing car – a goal which the team accomplished with flying colours. With the doors and windscreen being utilised from their previous Ultima GTR, the entire car was designed and built from scratch around these basic components. The car has taken numerous overall wins and podiums between 2016 and 2022 in the Britcar Endurance Championship/British Endurance Championship, demonstrating that in the right hands this car is capable of being competitive with (and beating) the latest GT3 factory built racecars.
This car offers full GT3 performance at a lower price and a much lower running cost than a GT3 car, and is sold ready to race, aside from setup and decals. The car is eligible for many Championships including British Endurance Championship, GT Cup, Supercar Challenge, Castle Coombe GT Championship and many others. We can also continue to supply spares for the car should they be required.
The full specification is as follows:
- MacG Racing designed tubular frame chassis manufactured from ROPT510/T45 seamless tubing (generally 50x2mm)
- Full aero kit including front splitter, flat floor, diffuser, canards and adjustable bi plane rear wing
- 650bhp GM LS7 fully forged race engine, with Dailey dry sump system, extensive upgrades over stock (fuel and intake system), rebuilt start 2022 (~15 hours running since rebuild)
- Albins ST6-M 6 speed sequential transmission with drop gears, adjustable LSD (6 hours running since rebuild)
- Triple plate ceramic race clutch with brand new plates and spring (2 hours running since rebuilt)
- ATL 100 litre fuel cell, with ATL quick fillers
- Motec M800 ECU, SDL3 dash with full logging, traction control, Titan EPAS and Geartronics paddleshift, with extensive sensors on the vehicle
- MacG Racing designed front and rear uprights, wishbones and roll bars with Quantum 2 way adjustable dampers
- AP Racing 6 pot endurance specification brake calipers on the front with 378x36mm discs, and 4 pots on the rear with 330x32 discs. Front discs are brand new.
- Braid flowformed 13x18” wheels at the rear, 11x18” wheels at the front, all centrelock, running 310/705 and 285/680 racing slicks respectively
- High intensity LED headlights with DRL's
- 4 onboard JLS airjacks
- Full stainless steel exhaust system with repackable silencers
- 100 litre ATL FIA approved fuel tank and quick fill dry break fuel system
- Tillet FIA approved race seat and FIA approved 6 point harness (these need replacing for 2023)
The car also comes with a significant spares packaging, including:
- Comprehensive gearbox spares package
- 10 rims with wet and dry tyres
- Various bodywork moulds including side pods and front clam
- Alternative drop gear set
- Rear upright and various wishbones
- Suspension joints, CV joints
- Splitter, headlight covers and canards
- Steering rack
- Various other small parts such as engine drive belts, dry sump belt, filters etc
Please contact us for more information and pictures.
Keyword Search Terms:GT, GM, LS7, Britcar, British Endurance Championship, Endurance, Supercar, GT3
|Item Location:||Derby, UK|
Joined January 2023
Seller's other listings
|Company:||MacG Racing Ltd|
|Trade or Private:||Trade|
Share by Email