88 Mazda RX7 Convertible
Fresh and Fast only 3 race weekends and 1 lapping day on motor. SCCA, Historic, NASA legal.
This RX7 is a professionally fabricated race car that is capable of being nationally competitive. It is very similar to the RX7 that took 2nd place in EP at the 2019 SCCA Runoffs. SCCA log book.
It has an amazing fresh new engine with over $11k invested in parts and labor from leading builders. All machining work on the engine was performed at Rotary Engine and the rebuild was performed by Coleman Precision Rotaries.
This new engine was installed at Jesse Prather’s shop in Topeka KS. Jesse redesigned the oil cooling system with a new larger double pass oil cooler to make sure the oil temperatures stay under control, even on hot summer days. Also, Jesse replaced the entire ignition system with a new single MSD 6A with internal rev limiter, blaster coils, new distributor and custom coil wires and then dyno tuned the engine during the break-in process. Dyno results are available to buyer.
Runs on pre-mix pump gas/oil.
The front splitter was modified at Jesse’s shop to improve airflow. The car also received a fantastic new wrap, professionally designed and installed by Fuel Design Works. This car is beautiful, very fast with a totally fresh engine, dyno tune and strong Jerico transmission .
Fresh 13B with $11k in race parts, machining and rebuild by leading RX7 engine shops. Street Ports, FD lightweight rotors/housings/ shaft, all cooling mods, 12.5 mm oversize studs, and REC 2 mm treated apex seals. 9000 RPM Redline (rev limiter presently set at 8600 for early races shift light 8100).
· New single MSD 6A ignition system, new coils, new distributor, new Magnecor coil wires
· Shift light
· Berg 52mm Carburetor with legal chokes per SCCA E Prod specs
· Custom air box with dual hose ducts
· Remote oil filter/w high psi oil filter
· Jerico 4 speed transmission—1st is a race gear
· Tilton dual disc clutch
· 4:88 Differential LSD
· (2019) oversize alum radiator
· (2020) high capacity double pass oil cooler.
· SCCA certified roll cage
· Camber plates
· Fuel cell
· Fire system
· F/R brake balance control with F/R psi gages
· Wilwood front/rear/clutch master cylinders and pedals.
2019 seat belts.
· 3 sets of Team Dynamics 15x7- 14 pound wheels.
· 4 Brand New mounted Toyo 888R 225-50ZR-15, mounted set of used slicks, mounted set of rain tires
· Cool suit box and hoses
· 2080 Pounds
· The engine and transmission alone are worth the asking price.
· Car is presently stored in Atlanta, GA
Broken hip precludes further racing. 770.367.2611
Keyword Search Terms:SCCA E Prod, Historic legal
|Item Location:||Lawrenceville, Ga|
Joined April 2023
Seller's other listings
|Country:||United States of America|
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Make an Offer
Share by Email