Historic Mallock U2 Mk6 (1966) Race / Hillclimb
Mallock U2 Mk6 (1966) Race / Hillclimb
This Historic Mallock U2 Clubmans Car, updated to Mallock 6b spec, is a superb example from one of the UK’s finest car restoration experts. The car has been subject to a total rebuild by top professional restorer, Jackie Cochrane of J C Restorations. Completely stripped of all panels and chassis shot-blasted and powder coated by Top Colour, with high spec paintwork by KB Cars Ltd.
· All steel 1300cc Holbay Ford Crossflow dry-sumped engine, with front mounted Holbay oil pump. Totally rebuilt by Mervyn McReynolds Motorsport, and unraced since. A very quick, high revving engine.
· Ford 2000E CR Gearbox, also rebuilt by Mervyn McReynolds Motorsport.
· 8”/10” Magnesium Minilite wheels refurbished by D.Wright Engineering, fitted with a full set of BRAND NEW Avon A15 Hillclimb tyres.
· Second set of 8”/10” Compomotive Wheels, fitted with Avon Circuit Slicks.
· New Spax adjustable Shock Absorbers.
· New Flowmaster Silencer
· Full electronic Lifeline plumbed-in Fire Extinguisher system
· Sabelt 6pt 3” Harness (2022)
· New Aluminium Fuel Tank
· New Radiator
· New Accuspark Ignition/Lucas HP Sports Coil/ 8mm ignition leads.
· New Girling calipers/slaves/pads/drums etc.
· New Mallock front 5/8”Anti-roll Bar.
· Rebuilt rear Axle with 9/38 ratio differential.
· Complete set of Mallock mudguards.
· New 12v Battery with plug-in remote socket
· LED Rear Rain light
The U2 spaceframe (chassis no. 66/296) is all original and undamaged.
The Mallock had previously raced in Ireland (Phoenix Park/Mondello/Kirkistown etc) in the 1980s by Norman Williams, and Dave Millar in the Historic Racing Car Association in the 1990s.
No expense has been spared on this magnificent, and appreciating, historic race car
Keyword Search Terms:Mallock, Clubmans. FJ
|Item Location:||Somerset, United Kingdom.|
Joined May 2023
Seller's other listings
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Make an Offer
Share by Email